WWE News: Reigns Reflects on WrestleMania 40, Tommy Fury Eyes WWE Future, and NXT’s Oba Femi’s Mysterious Absence

Share this story:

Roman Reigns Discusses The Rock and Cody Rhodes; Tommy Fury Eyes WWE Future; Oba Femi’s NXT Absence Raises Questions

By Mike Chiari, Bleacher Report – November 27, 2024

Bleacher Report brings you the latest updates from the WWE universe, including insights from Roman Reigns on WrestleMania 40 opponents, boxer Tommy Fury’s hinted WWE aspirations, and recent rumors surrounding NXT star Oba Femi’s absence from television.


Roman Reigns Reflects on WrestleMania 40, The Rock, and Cody Rhodes

During a recent appearance on the SI Media podcast with Sports Illustrated’s Jimmy Traina, Roman Reigns opened up about his headlining matches at WrestleMania 40 and the storyline shifts involving The Rock and Cody Rhodes.

Reigns revealed that he was unfazed by the switch between facing The Rock or Rhodes at the marquee event, emphasizing that it didn’t matter who the opponent was as long as he was in the main event spotlight.

“It doesn’t matter to me. I was the main event. I’m the guy that everyone wanted to dance with, you know. I am the hot chick, everyone wanted to take me out… It was the same task in hand for me,” Reigns said, responding to whether he was disappointed not to face The Rock.

The lead-up to WrestleMania 40 saw some wrestling fans speculate and react to shifts in the championship storyline. After Rhodes won the men’s 2024 Royal Rumble, he initially stated he would not challenge Reigns for the WWE Championship, positioning The Rock as the anticipated contender. However, fan backlash prompted Rhodes to change course, leading to The Rock turning heel, adopting the persona of The Final Boss, and allying with Reigns. The alliance triumphed over Rhodes and Seth Rollins in the Night 1 main event of WrestleMania 40, before Rhodes ultimately captured the WWE Championship from Reigns in Night 2’s main event.

When asked about the prospects of a future match against The Rock, Reigns suggested that the fans’ enthusiasm would be the key factor:

“If that’s what the people want and The People’s Champ is down, I’m sure we can make something happen,” he stated.

The Rock surprised WWE fans the previous month with an unannounced return at Bad Blood, although he has yet to clarify his future intentions with the company. With a high-stakes WarGames match between the new and original Bloodline factions scheduled for Survivor Series, speculation abounds that The Rock could once again emerge and set the stage for a long-awaited clash with his cousin.


Tommy Fury Hints at Wrestling Career with WWE

Boxer Tommy Fury, younger brother of former world heavyweight champion Tyson Fury, recently suggested he might explore a career in pro wrestling, specifically with WWE.

In a YouTube video posted Sunday, Fury shared footage from backstage at a WWE event during the company’s UK tour and expressed enthusiasm about the experience.

“Big up to Randy Orton. Absolutely amazing guy. Big up to Cody Rhodes, all of them, Gunther, the lot of them. Thank you to the WWE for showing us such appreciation. And I look forward to possibly climbing through those ropes one day. Who knows? But it’s been a great night,” Fury said.

At 25, Fury is undefeated in professional boxing (10-0) and notably holds a victory over internet personality-turned-fighter Jake Paul. Given Tommy’s connections to the Paul family and Logan Paul’s ongoing involvement in WWE, there is significant interest in how Fury’s potential WWE debut could create compelling storylines—possibly including a tag-team feud pitting the Fury brothers against the Paul brothers.

His older brother Tyson previously made a single WWE appearance at Crown Jewel 2019 and has remained involved as a notable supporter of WWE, including an unforgettable moment at 2022’s Clash at the Castle.


Oba Femi’s Mysterious Absence from NXT

Reports have surfaced regarding the unexplained absence of Oba Femi, the former NXT North American Champion, from NXT tapings and broadcasts over the past month.

According to Fightful Select, Femi has not been seen backstage at NXT events since his loss to Tony D’Angelo at Halloween Havoc on October 27, leaving fans and insiders wondering about the reason behind his disappearance.

Femi’s recent setbacks mark a contrast to his early dominance. After debuting on televised NXT in April 2023, he quickly rose by winning the NXT Breakout Tournament and capturing the North American Championship from Dragon Lee, holding the title for an impressive 272 days. However, his reign came to an end following a shocking loss to D’Angelo, followed by a defeated rematch at Halloween Havoc.

Speculation about Femi’s status includes possibilities such as a temporary creative reset after consecutive losses, injury recovery, or preparation for a call-up to WWE’s main roster. Alternatively, NXT management might be pacing his on-screen return to preserve impact. Regardless, many consider Femi a strong candidate for future NXT Championship pursuits once he re-emerges.


Looking Ahead

With WrestleMania season and major WWE events on the horizon, all eyes will be on potential developments involving Roman Reigns, The Rock’s role, Tommy Fury’s WWE prospects, and Oba Femi’s status. WWE’s evolving storylines continue to captivate fans, blending established stars with emerging talent and exciting crossover possibilities.

Stay tuned to Bleacher Report for the latest WWE news and updates.

Share this story:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *