WWE Buzz: Reigns Reflects on WrestleMania 40, Tommy Fury’s WWE Aspirations, and Oba Femi’s NXT Hiatus

Share this story:

Roman Reigns Opens Up on WrestleMania 40, The Rock, and Cody Rhodes; Tommy Fury Shows WWE Interest; Oba Femi’s NXT Absence Sparks Rumors

The latest buzz from the WWE Universe includes Roman Reigns sharing his thoughts on recent WrestleMania 40 events, boxing star Tommy Fury hinting at a WWE future, and growing speculation surrounding NXT star Oba Femi’s recent absence. Here is a detailed update on these stories.

Roman Reigns Reflects on WrestleMania 40 Opponents and Future Prospects

In a recent interview on the SI Media podcast with Sports Illustrated’s Jimmy Traina, Roman Reigns discussed the shifting plans regarding his WrestleMania 40 main event opponents and addressed fan reactions to the matchup changes. Initially, WWE appeared to be undecided between Reigns facing either Cody Rhodes or The Rock. When asked if he was disappointed to face Rhodes instead of The Rock, Reigns emphasized that being in the main event was what truly mattered to him.

Reigns said, “It doesn’t matter to me. I was the main event. I’m the guy that everyone wanted to dance with… It didn’t matter who it is. They are trying to stop history from happening. They are trying to take us off the pinnacle right now, so it was the same task in hand for me.”

The storyline leading into WrestleMania 40 was complex. After Rhodes won the 2024 men’s Royal Rumble, he initially chose not to challenge Reigns for the WWE Championship, making it appear that The Rock would be the challenger. However, negative fan reaction led Rhodes to reverse course, and The Rock turned heel, adopting the moniker “The Final Boss” and aligning with Reigns. Together, Reigns and The Rock defeated Rhodes and Seth Rollins on Night 1 of WrestleMania 40, but Rhodes rebounded by capturing the WWE title from Reigns in the main event on Night 2. Reigns also addressed the possibility of a future match against The Rock, suggesting it could happen if the fanbase strongly desires it. He said, “If that’s what the people want and The People’s Champ is down, I’m sure we can make something happen.” The Rock made a surprise return to WWE programming last month at Bad Blood but has yet to clarify his intentions or return since.

With WWE’s upcoming WarGames match featuring both new and original versions of The Bloodline at Survivor Series, fans may see another opportunity for The Rock to reappear and possibly build toward a showdown with his cousin, Reigns.

Tommy Fury Teases Potential WWE Career

Boxer Tommy Fury, younger brother of former world heavyweight champion Tyson Fury, took to YouTube to share footage from backstage at a recent WWE show during their UK tour. He expressed admiration for WWE Superstars such as Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, and Gunther, and hinted at a possible future in pro wrestling.

Fury stated, “Thank you to the WWE for showing us such appreciation. And I look forward to possibly climbing through those ropes one day. Who knows? But it’s been a great night.”

Tommy Fury boasts an undefeated professional boxing record at 10-0 and is notably the only fighter to defeat Jake Paul—a connection that could make him an appealing WWE addition. Given Logan Paul’s active role in WWE as a Superstar and former United States Champion, a matchup or tag team storyline involving the Fury and Paul brothers could attract significant mainstream attention.

His brother Tyson Fury previously wrestled once for WWE, securing a win via count-out against Braun Strowman at Crown Jewel 2019. More recently, Tyson made headlines at WWE’s Clash at the Castle in 2022 by knocking out Austin Theory in the crowd, preventing a Money in the Bank cash-in.

Oba Femi’s NXT Absence Raises Questions

Oba Femi, former NXT North American Champion and breakout star, has reportedly not appeared in NXT tapings for the past month following his loss at Halloween Havoc on October 27. Fightful Select reports there has been no backstage buzz regarding his status since his defeat to Tony D’Angelo.

Femi, who debuted on television in April 2023, built momentum by winning the NXT Breakout Tournament and capturing the North American Championship from Dragon Lee. He held the title for a record-setting 272 days before relinquishing it in October, followed by a rematch loss at Halloween Havoc.

Reasons for his recent absence are unclear; it could be to allow him time to regroup after two significant defeats, rehabilitation from injury, or possibly preparation for a main roster call-up. NXT officials might also be holding Femi off TV to let the impact of his losses dissipate.

When Femi returns, expectations are high that he will contend for the NXT Championship and continue his rise as a major player within WWE’s developmental brand.

These developments highlight the evolving dynamics within WWE and its affiliated brands, including the potential for new talent to transition into larger roles while established stars seek to create landmark moments in their careers. Fans of WWE will undoubtedly keep a close eye on Roman Reigns’ future challenges, Tommy Fury’s wrestling aspirations, and Oba Femi’s next moves.

Share this story:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *