WWE Insider: Roman Reigns on The Rock, Cody Rhodes, Tommy Fury’s Wrestling Aspirations, and NXT’s Oba Femi Update

Share this story:

Roman Reigns Reflects on The Rock, Cody Rhodes, as Tommy Fury Eyes WWE Future; NXT’s Oba Femi Absent Amid Rumors

By Mike Chiari, Bleacher Report – November 27, 2024

The WWE Universe is buzzing with recent updates involving some of wrestling’s top personalities. Roman Reigns shared his thoughts on potential matches with The Rock and Cody Rhodes, British boxer Tommy Fury hinted at a possible WWE career, and NXT star Oba Femi has been notably absent from television, sparking speculation about his future. Here’s the latest from the dynamic world of WWE.


Roman Reigns Opens Up on WrestleMania 40 Opponents and a Future Match with The Rock

During a recent episode of the SI Media podcast hosted by Jimmy Traina, WWE’s Tribal Chief, Roman Reigns, offered candid reflections about his WrestleMania 40 main event opponent, the legendary The Rock, and fellow WWE Superstar Cody Rhodes.

Reigns revealed that he was unfazed by the shifting plans regarding his WrestleMania 40 opponent. Initially, it appeared The Rock would challenge him following Cody Rhodes’ 2024 men’s Royal Rumble victory, but after fan backlash and storyline twists, Rhodes took the title shot instead. Ultimately, The Rock aligned with Reigns as “The Final Boss,” and they teamed up to defeat Cody Rhodes and Seth Rollins on Night 1 of WrestleMania 40. The following night, Rhodes captured the WWE Championship from Reigns in the main event.

Asked if he was disappointed not facing The Rock, Reigns said it made no difference to him as long as he was in the spotlight:

"It doesn’t matter to me. I was the main event. I’m the guy that everyone wanted to dance with… It didn’t matter who it is. They are trying to stop history from happening. They are trying to take us off the pinnacle right now, so it was the same task in hand for me."

Looking ahead, Reigns suggested a dream showdown with The Rock remains possible if the fans demand it:

"If that’s what the people want and The People’s Champ is down, I’m sure we can make something happen."

The Rock made a surprise return to WWE programming last month at Bad Blood, but his intentions since then have remained unclear. With both the new and original iterations of The Bloodline set for a WarGames match at Survivor Series, fans are speculating that The Rock might reappear and potentially set the stage for a monumental clash with his cousin Roman Reigns.


Boxer Tommy Fury Hints at Pro Wrestling Ambitions Following WWE UK Tour Visit

Tommy Fury, the undefeated British boxer and younger brother of heavyweight champion Tyson Fury, has teased a prospective transition into sports entertainment.

Sharing a backstage vlog from a WWE event during the company’s UK tour, Fury mingled with WWE stars including Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, and Gunther. Commenting on the experience, he said:

"Thank you to the WWE for showing us such appreciation. And I look forward to possibly climbing through those ropes one day. Who knows? But it’s been a great night."

At 25, Tommy is carving out his own legacy in boxing with a perfect professional record and notably being the only fighter to beat Jake Paul. His brother Tyson previously dabbled in WWE, famously competing once at Crown Jewel 2019 and making headlines in 2022 by disrupting Austin Theory’s Money in the Bank cash-in at Clash at the Castle.

Given Tommy Fury’s boxing pedigree and connection to the Paul family, WWE fans are already speculating that he could eventually become an intriguing adversary or tag partner involving Logan Paul, a current WWE Superstar and former United States Champion. Such a potential “Fury brothers vs. Paul brothers” storyline might broaden WWE’s reach with mainstream audiences.


NXT Star Oba Femi Missing from Recent Tapings, Sparking Questions

Another topic stirring intrigue is the absence of former NXT North American Champion Oba Femi from recent NXT tapings. Fightful Select reports that Femi has not been seen backstage since his loss to Tony D’Angelo at Halloween Havoc on October 27. After bursting onto the scene in April 2023 with an impressive run that included winning the NXT Breakout Tournament and capturing the North American title from Dragon Lee, Femi’s momentum stalled following a dual loss to D’Angelo—the second ending his record-setting 272-day title reign.

The reasons for Femi’s off-screen status remain unconfirmed. It could be a strategic hiatus designed to allow the star to regroup after tough defeats, preparation for a main roster call-up, or time taken to recover from undisclosed injury issues.

Industry watchers believe Oba Femi possesses the in-ring talent and charisma to be a serious contender for the NXT Championship upon his return, potentially rising again as a cornerstone competitor in WWE’s developmental brand.


Stay tuned as these stories develop, and the WWE Universe continues to evolve with new rivalries, stars, and surprises.

Share this story:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *