WWE News: Roman Reigns on Rock Showdown and Cody Rhodes’ Journey; Tommy Fury Eyes the Ring; Oba Femi’s Mysterious Absence from NXT

Share this story:

Roman Reigns Discusses The Rock and Cody Rhodes, Tommy Fury Eyes WWE Career, and NXT Star Oba Femi’s Absence Raises Questions

By Mike Chiari, Bleacher Report – November 27, 2024

The WWE Universe has been buzzing with recent updates regarding some of the biggest names and emerging talents in professional wrestling. From Roman Reigns’ reflections on WrestleMania 40 and interactions with The Rock and Cody Rhodes, to Tommy Fury hinting at a potential WWE future, and speculation surrounding the absence of NXT’s Oba Femi, Bleacher Report breaks down the latest wrestling news you need to know.


Roman Reigns Talks WrestleMania 40 Opponents and The Rock Match Possibility

Roman Reigns recently sat down for an interview on the SI Media podcast with Sports Illustrated’s Jimmy Traina, offering candid thoughts about his WrestleMania 40 showdown and the various opponents considered for him at the event.

Reigns revealed that he was unfazed by the final decision to face Cody Rhodes instead of The Rock in the WrestleMania main event. He emphasized that being in the spotlight was what mattered most to him, stating, “It doesn’t matter to me. I was the main event. I’m the guy that everyone wanted to dance with… They are trying to stop history from happening. They are trying to take us off the pinnacle right now, so it was the same task in hand for me."

In the lead-up to WrestleMania 40, Rhodes initially declined to challenge Reigns for the WWE Championship after winning the 2024 men’s Royal Rumble, which seemed to pave the way for The Rock’s anticipated return match against Reigns. However, fan backlash caused Rhodes to reverse course, leading The Rock to turn heel—adopting the moniker “The Final Boss”—and form an alliance with Reigns.

On Night 1 of WrestleMania 40, The Rock and Reigns teamed up to defeat Cody Rhodes and Seth Rollins. The following night, Rhodes captured the WWE Championship by defeating Reigns in the main event.

Regarding the possibility of a future match between him and The Rock, Reigns said it ultimately depends on the fans. “If that’s what the people want and The People’s Champ is down, I’m sure we can make something happen,” he said. Reigns acknowledged that WWE listens closely to its audience and strives to deliver compelling narratives that satisfy viewers.

While The Rock made a surprise return at last month’s Bad Blood event, his intentions remain unclear, and he has been absent from recent programming. With the ongoing rivalry involving both the original and new Bloodline factions set for a WarGames match at Survivor Series, there is speculation that The Rock could reemerge soon to reignite a feud with Reigns.


Boxer Tommy Fury Drops Hints About WWE Ambitions

Tommy Fury, younger brother of former world heavyweight boxing champion Tyson Fury, has sparked interest in the wrestling world by teasing potential involvement with WWE.

In a recent YouTube video debuting a behind-the-scenes look at a WWE show during the company’s United Kingdom tour, Fury expressed gratitude to WWE and its superstars, including Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, and Gunther. He hinted at a future inside the squared circle: “I look forward to possibly climbing through them ropes one day. Who knows?”

Tommy Fury, currently unbeaten at 10-0 in professional boxing and notably the only person to have defeated Jake Paul, appears poised as a crossover star who could bring fresh mainstream attention to WWE. His connection to the Paul family—even though known rivalries exist—could set up high-profile matches, particularly against Logan Paul, a WWE Superstar and former United States Champion.

With his family’s prior involvement with WWE—Tyson Fury notably had a match at Crown Jewel 2019—Tommy’s potential for joining WWE storylines adds an intriguing new chapter to the Fury boxing legacy.


NXT’s Oba Femi Absent From Recent Tapings: What’s Next?

Oba Femi, the former NXT North American Champion, has been conspicuously absent from NXT tapings since late October, sparking rumor and speculation about his status.

According to Fightful Select, no reports of Femi backstage have surfaced since his loss to Tony D’Angelo at Halloween Havoc on October 27. While the reason for his absence remains unclear, some insiders believe it may be a strategic move by NXT to allow Femi to recover and reset after two significant defeats—losing the North American Championship to D’Angelo after a record 272-day reign, followed by a subsequent rematch loss.

Since debuting on televised NXT programming in April 2023, Femi quickly made a name for himself by winning the NXT Breakout Tournament and seizing the North American Title. His powerful presence and athleticism, partly due to his background as a shot put champion at the University of Alabama, positioned him as a rising star.

Fans and analysts speculate that his quiet period could precede a call-up to WWE’s main roster or be a time for injury recovery. Alternatively, NXT creative could be withholding his appearances to let the storyline repercussions of his losses settle. Upon return, Femi is viewed as a strong contender for the NXT Championship and a likely candidate to challenge champion Trick Williams.


Looking Ahead

With the WWE landscape shifting rapidly and key figures like Roman Reigns and The Rock discussing potential future matchups, combined with fresh faces like Tommy Fury considering entry into wrestling, the next few months promise to be exciting for wrestling fans. Meanwhile, the NXT scene remains highly dynamic with talents like Oba Femi poised for impactful returns.

Stay tuned for all the latest wrestling news and updates with Bleacher Report.


For more wrestling news and analysis, listen to Ring Rust Radio, where experts discuss current storylines and breaking developments in the industry.

Share this story:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *