WWE News Roundup: Roman Reigns Reflects on WrestleMania Showdowns, Tommy Fury’s Future in Wrestling, and Oba Femi’s Mysterious Absence

Share this story:

Latest WWE Updates: Roman Reigns on The Rock and Cody Rhodes, Tommy Fury Eyes WWE Career, and Oba Femi’s NXT Absence

By Mike Chiari | Bleacher Report | November 27, 2024

Bleacher Report brings you the latest buzz and insider news from the WWE Universe, covering Roman Reigns’ recent comments on The Rock and Cody Rhodes, boxing star Tommy Fury’s potential wrestling future, and the curious case of Oba Femi’s absence from NXT programming.


Roman Reigns Opens Up About WrestleMania 40 and Possible Future Match with The Rock

In a candid interview on the SI Media podcast with Jimmy Traina, WWE’s “Original Tribal Chief” Roman Reigns shared his thoughts on the card shuffle surrounding WrestleMania 40’s main event and reflected on the possibility of a future showdown with The Rock.

Reigns explained that he was unfazed by the back-and-forth speculation about whether he would face The Rock or Cody Rhodes at WrestleMania. When asked if he felt disappointed ultimately to wrestle Rhodes instead of The Rock, Reigns said, “It doesn’t matter to me. I was the main event. I’m the guy that everyone wanted to dance with… It was the same task in hand for me.” He framed his role in terms of defending his WWE Championship against challengers trying to halt his historic reign.

The WrestleMania 40 main event storyline saw Rhodes win the men’s 2024 Royal Rumble but initially decline to challenge Reigns, leading to speculation that The Rock would step in. However, fan backlash caused Rhodes to reverse course, re-entering the title picture and prompting The Rock to turn heel as “The Final Boss,” aligning with Reigns. The Rock and Reigns teamed up to defeat Rhodes and Seth Rollins on Night 1, while Rhodes captured the WWE Championship from Reigns on Night 2. Though the highly anticipated match between Reigns and The Rock didn’t occur at WrestleMania, Reigns left the door open to a future encounter: “If that’s what the people want and The People’s Champ is down, I’m sure we can make something happen.” The Rock made an unexpected WWE return last month at Bad Blood but has remained absent since, leaving many fans curious about his next move. With Survivor Series featuring a WarGames match pitting new and original Bloodline factions against each other, speculation swirls about The Rock’s possible involvement ahead of a potential family clash.


Tommy Fury Hints at WWE Interest Following Backstage Visit

British professional boxer Tommy Fury, younger brother of heavyweight champion Tyson Fury, has dropped hints about someday stepping into the WWE ring himself.

In a recent YouTube vlog from a WWE UK tour, Fury shared footage of backstage interactions with WWE stars including Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, and Gunther. “I look forward to possibly climbing through them ropes one day,” he said, signaling openness to exploring professional wrestling as part of his future.

Tommy Fury, boasting an undefeated 10-0 pro boxing record and noted for his victory over Jake Paul, could be an intriguing addition to WWE’s crossover appeal. His family ties to Tyson Fury—who previously wrestled Braun Strowman at Crown Jewel 2019 and made headlines at WWE Clash at the Castle in 2022—and his connections to the Paul brothers add layers of potential storyline intrigue. A Paul brothers vs. Fury brothers feud could attract mainstream attention and boost WWE’s reach among combat sports fans.


Oba Femi Reported Missing from NXT TV Following Recent Losses

Former NXT North American Champion Oba Femi has not appeared on NXT television or been seen backstage since late October, according to sources from Fightful Select.

Femi suffered back-to-back losses to Tony D’Angelo, first losing the North American Championship after a record 272-day reign and then dropping a rematch at Halloween Havoc on October 27. Since then, reports indicate he has been absent from NXT tapings for about a month, though specific reasons remain unconfirmed.

Potential explanations include time off to recover from injury, a strategic creative decision to allow Femi to regain momentum off-screen, or a pending main roster call-up. Since his televised debut in April 2023, Femi impressed fans by winning the NXT Breakout Tournament and capturing the North American title, marking him as a rising star. His return is anticipated to align with a chase for the NXT Championship, making him a key player to watch in WWE’s developmental system.


Stay tuned to Bleacher Report for ongoing coverage of WWE storylines, superstar updates, and all things wrestling.

Share this story:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *